The Data Center is one of the main topics of discussion at meetings of IT equipment worldwide. It is crucial for a company to work more efficiently and generate profits as firms rely heavily on an enormous amount of information stored in data processing centers. In this way, organizations are still trying to reduce costs through simplification and improvement of Data Centers.
Initiatives such as migration, deployment and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) are some of the first steps taken by the CIOs to increase the efficiency of data storage on a Data Center. The role of a data center in the designing, deploying and managing services play a crucial role in receiving high-performance results.
The data centers are enormously important in the present day for companies acting as e-commerce and sales, healthcare or any other business that depend on the systems to access patient information. To get an idea of the data center importance, 20% of data stored in data centers in the coming years will be linked to digital patient records. It will enable a surgeon to access information from a patient in the operating room itself or ambulances that have access to accurate data during a rescue.
With each passing year, data center brings many changes, developments and new technologies, especially in the area of storage and servers. For example, to support the new virtual environments found in cloud computing applications, it is necessary that data centers should provide tools and support energy with a dynamic, virtualized environment.
Therefore, the systems and infrastructure of the old data centers do not work as well as the latest facilities. Early systems were designed to a more stable environment, with fewer variation data storage and less scalability. Some early systems also lead to inactivity of a data center due to the following:
- Human errors
- lack of standard operating procedures (SOPs), operations maintenance protocol (MOP) and emergency procedures.
- Lack of preventive measures, including testing and maintenance arrangements
- Failure conservation or replace the uninterruptible power supply
- Lack of redundancy, resulting in failures in systems using backups
- Fault in cooling the data center
The Modern Data Center
The data center is a critical component of any IT department. Therefore, it is essential that data center is designed to deliver services flexibly and dynamically, following the currently required technology and sustainability trends.
Two essential characteristics of a data center are flexibility and scalability. These are necessary for almost all business activities currently online. Therefore, data center projects should be designed with an appropriate infrastructure to support all services and enterprise systems, so that it allows the perfect operation of the center and deliver future growth through adaptation to emerging technologies.
The modern data center infrastructure is designed to increase efficiency through lower energy expenditure, thus optimizing costs and security. These data centers meet some guidelines that the IT team can trust to mitigate system downtime. The service providers should be alert to improve the performance of data centers.
- Build excellent facilities and establish a computerized maintenance program for each piece of equipment
- Create a training program teams that define when and how a team should respond to the events of inactivity
- Institute a quality assurance program that allows operation of local infrastructure as per customer expectations
- Ensuring the physical protection of the site by building walls, doors and window to provide additional security against natural disasters.
Making full use of our technologies, you can achieve significant improvements in performance of the data center compared to the more common ones. These include:
- Significant increase in performance of servers and storage systems
- Energy saving
- Reduction of licensing costs
- Reducing the need for space in the computer centers
- Significant optimization in the management of editing and release
- Improvement of ROI (Return of Investment)
With many years of experience in the design and successful implementation of Data Center projects, DedicatedSolutions has helped many public and private organizations to transform their communications infrastructure and investment in IT infrastructure. DedicatedSolutions offers high availability and 100% uptime guaranteed! Your server will be hosted in a Tier III or Tier IV data center based on your choice. All data centers are SSAE16 certified, as well as PCI conform. Since we have multiple carriers at each data center location, we can guarantee you an 100% uptime on all our network connections! Besides the uptime, we also guarantee and warrant you that you will have unlimited bandwidth with our unlimited solutions.